WE’RE HIRING. YOU’RE Welcome.
JOB PURPOSE & WORKSPCOPE
Fine Liquor Merchants, Truman & Orange, is looking for an experienced, charismatic go getter to fill the position of Production Planner in our ever-growing Supply Chain Team.
Working with the Demand Planner, the Logistics and Inventory Teams, this individual will plan and coordinate all the production requirements of our locally manufactured brands in South Africa so as to ensure timeous and reliable supply and optimal inventory levels. In cases, this will include the end-to-end management of ingredients and dry goods through to production of the finished goods at our Suppliers.
JOB HOLDER’S MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Liaises with the Demand Planner/Commercial Team to determine demand (South Africa and our African markets) and translates these into production requirements.
- Participates in the Monthly S&Op meetings with Commercial and Marketing functions and feeds back on local production performance.
- Liaises with our 3rd party producers regarding the scheduling and completion of production of our products in SA. Ensures timeous placing of production orders and monitors progress on such.
- Builds up relationships/partnerships with both our Contract Manufacturers and where applicable, our liquid and dry goods suppliers.
- Ensures that Manufacturer and Supplier orders, invoicing, payments are correct.
- Works with Packaging and Liquids Development Specialists to ensure effective production planning of new products. Ensures that dry goods (where applicable) are ordered timeously in this regard.
- Manages inventory levels of raw materials (Liquid and dry goods) for Bloedlemoen Gin
- Maintains and manages raw materials and dry goods at our third-party sites as applicable.
- Works closely with the Logistics Manager to ensure movement of materials and finished product.
- Works closely with the Demand Planner and Inventory Manager to ensure optimized inventory levels of finished goods and raw materials.
- Develops and maintains documented procedures for the supply chain planning role.
- Responsible for data integrity of all supply chain planning systems.
- Reporting on actual vs planned performance, raw material stocks and quality
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field.
- Solid professional Supply chain/production planning experience and preferably in FMCG/alcohol industries.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes an advantage
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must have sound planning ability
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent Organisational and Communication Skills,
- Must be able to build relationships
- Attention to Detail, Speed, Accuracy
- Excellent Computer Literacy/Knowledge,
- Superior Problem-Solving Skills, Decisiveness,
- Works well under pressure and adheres to deadlines.
Permanent, Cape Town (Hudson Street Office) based. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9 – 5.
Salary: dependent on experience.
TRUMAN AND ORANGE
Truman & Orange is a disruptive premium drinks company, founded in 2013 with the single-minded mission of offering sophisticated South African drinkers alternatives to the ubiquitous mega-brands that have monopolized liquor store shelves and bars to date.
Offering high-quality brands from all over the world, the Truman & Orange portfolio caters for discerning South African drinkers looking for beautifully crafted drinks with a strong sense of history and provenance.
A group of people with a common goal: To win. Each member is chosen for their unique abilities, and the understanding that outstanding teams outperform outstanding individuals every time.
We like sneakers for a bunch of reasons. They help us remember what we are not (corporate, restrained, homogenous) and they remind us what we need to work hard to retain as we grow (a creative and meritocratic culture, the ability to sprint when we need to, and be able to change direction quickly). As the original sports accessory, they’re also the ultimate team shoe. And they look cool.