WE’RE HIRING. YOU’RE Welcome.
Coastal Team – Cape Town
Commercial Sales Representative
JOB PURPOSE & WORKSPCOPE
Fine Liquor Merchants, Truman & Orange, is looking for a bright, organized, and charismatic go-getter, who has a good understanding of FMCG, preferably with experience in alcohol and/or premium brands, and who will enjoy working in a nimble, fun but hard-working environment.
The individual would be responsible for the looking after a specific group of off trade customers within a defined geographical area of the Western Cape with the mission of securing listings of the Truman and Orange portfolio, build visibility and executing our strategy.
• Build, service and maintain a base of customers within the Cape Town CBD, Atlantic Seaboard, Southern Suburbs as far as the deep South.
• Achievement of Quarterly objectives.
• Secure displays and brand visibility for listed brands and new listings ensuring exposure, awareness and brand health is optimized in any given outlet.
• Negotiate & confirm promotions/demos in your outlets.
• Keep all sales related administration updated.
• Completed Matric or equivalent accredited by SAQA.
• Tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
• The ideal candidate should have 2-3 years’ experience within the liquor industry.
• Have a clear understanding and working knowledge of the off-trade liquor channel.
• Strong negotiation skills & business acumen.
• Own reliable vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
• Candidate will be based in Cape Town.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
• High level of self-management and the ability to work remotely.
• Takes initiative and has a can – do attitude.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Works hard to contribute to the overall success of the company.
• Team player.
• Works well under pressure, deadline driven.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
• Problem-solving skills.
ROLE: PERMANENT CAPE TOWN
Salary: Experience related
Start Date: 1 October 2021
Closing date: 10 September 2021
TRUMAN & ORANGE
Truman & Orange is a disruptive premium drinks company, founded in 2013 with the single-minded mission of offering sophisticated South African drinkers alternatives to the ubiquitous mega-brands that have monopolized liquor store shelves and bars to date.
Offering high-quality brands from all over the world, the Truman & Orange portfolio caters for discerning South African drinkers looking for beautifully crafted drinks with a strong sense of history and provenance.
A group of people with a common goal: To win. Each member is chosen for their unique abilities, and the understanding that outstanding teams outperform outstanding individuals every time.
We like sneakers for a bunch of reasons. They help us remember what we are not (corporate, restrained, homogenous) and they remind us what we need to work hard to retain as we grow (a creative and meritocratic culture, the ability to sprint when we need to, and be able to change direction quickly). As the original sports accessory, they’re also the ultimate team shoe. And they look cool.