WE’RE HIRING. YOU’RE Welcome.
FINANCE ANALYST– NET REVENUE
POSITION NO LONGER AVAILABLE
JOB PURPOSE & WORKSCOPE
Fine Liquor Merchants, Truman & Orange, is looking for a bright, organised, engaging self-starter, preferably with FMCG experience within the drinks, alcohol or spirits industries who will enjoy working in a nimble, fun but hard- working environment to join the Finance team.
The Finance Analyst will assist in business decision support by providing appropriate financial information to constructively challenge and solve real business problems to optimise and realise business opportunities through the compilation, reporting and analysis of sales forecasts and trends.
• Develop appropriate tools to enable the business to better manage and understand financial performance of our brands, channels and/or customers
• Identify and progress opportunities that drive value generation and cost reduction through an understanding of business drivers and or levers
• Maintenance of margin value chains to assist in understanding SKU profitability and running pricing scenarios
• Co-ordinate, drive and complete the volume budget process based on trends, new product launches, identified opportunities and investment levels
• Analyse and translate these operational forecasts into accurate budgets, estimates and plans
• Be the voice of reason – challenge forecast assumptions to ensure reasonable and achievable
• Assist in having annual volume budgets loaded into Qlik (reporting tool)
• Assist in managing the annual price increase process and pricing updates as required
• Approval of sales (trade) price and cost of goods price in our ERP (Acumatica)
• Review and feedback on sales forecast estimate discrepancies vs budget or prior year through detailed analysis of the P&L
• Update and communicate management revenue reports to relevant stakeholders in terms of agreed timetable
• Assist with preparation of monthly P&L commentary pack
• Present financial reports to internal stakeholders, providing explanations of variances and gaps
• Provide ‘real time’ support and advice to the business, adding value to the decision-making process
• Review and finalization of additional analysis requested by line to assist with effective decision-making support as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum B Comm / Business Science or similar degree
• Experience in FMCG will be advantageous
• Forecasting / financial modelling experience across products advantageous
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to engage and build excellent relationships across the business and within the finance team
• Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
• Strong conceptual thinker with superior analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent numerical ability to translate thinking into quantifiable results
• Commercially aware
• Advanced MS excel and strong knowledge of the MS suite
• Passionate, energetic self-starter with a bias for action
• Must be a team player
• Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work with speed and accuracy
• Works well under pressure and adheres to deadlines.
ROLE: PERMANENT CAPE TOWN
Salary: Experience related
Office Based: Office hours Monday to Friday 9 – 5
TRUMAN & ORANGE
Truman & Orange is a disruptive premium drinks company, founded in 2013 with the single-minded mission of offering sophisticated South African drinkers alternatives to the ubiquitous mega-brands that have monopolized liquor store shelves and bars to date.
Offering high-quality brands from all over the world, the Truman & Orange portfolio caters for discerning South African drinkers looking for beautifully crafted drinks with a strong sense of history and provenance.
A group of people with a common goal: To win. Each member is chosen for their unique abilities, and the understanding that outstanding teams outperform outstanding individuals every time.
We like sneakers for a bunch of reasons. They help us remember what we are not (corporate, restrained, homogenous) and they remind us what we need to work hard to retain as we grow (a creative and meritocratic culture, the ability to sprint when we need to, and be able to change direction quickly). As the original sports accessory, they’re also the ultimate team shoe. And they look cool.